Closing Date: 20 March 2013
Internship Programme at the Municipal Demarcation Board The Internship Programme is a twenty four (24) month programme where a trainee will be introduced to a broad spectrum of dynamics that facilitate significant learning experiences while
developing generalist and specialist fields. In the twenty four (24) months you will be mentored by the Board’s senior staff and decision makers into building business acumen and creating a strategic context for your particular field and developing professional networks.
The Municipal Demarcation Board (the Board) is mandated to:
- Determine municipal boundaries and to delimit wards.
- Declare district management areas.
- Assess the capacity of municipalities.
The Municipal Demarcation Board hereby invites applications for Internship opportunities that exist within the organisation.
Applications are invited from unemployed graduates residing across all Provinces so as to gain practical work experience in the following operations at the Municipal Demarcation Board.
|Municipal boundaries Determinations/re-determination Ward Boundaries delimitation||Social or economic geography; Land survey, cartography;|
|GIS & Database Management Research||GIS and Information Technology, Community development; Transport
planning, Development economics;
|Human Resources Management, Finance and Procurement||Financial
- An appropriate tertiary qualification Degree/National Diploma relevant to the above mentioned fields.
- Unemployed graduates who have never participated in an internship programme.
- Applicants should be between 18 to 35 years of age and South African citizens.
- Driver’s licence.
Notes and Instruction to Applicants, please read carefully:
- The programme will run for a period of two (2) years.
- Successful applicant/s will be required to enter into an Internship contract with the Municipal Demarcation Board.
- The Municipal Demarcation Board is under no obligation to employ the Intern on completion of the programmes.
- Interns will be paid a monthly stipend. 5. Separate application must be provided for each position applied for.
- NB: If you have participated in an internship programme before please do not apply or you will be disqualified. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should forward their application with contact details to: Ms Maggie Somanje, Private Bag X28, Hatfield, Pretoria 0028 or email: [email protected] Fax: 012– 342 2488.
Due to the large number of applications we envisage receiving, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not hear from us within two months of the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.