CLOSING DATE: 21 November 2014, 16h30
Duration: 12 Months
The National Zoological Gardens of South Africa is looking for well-qualified, experienced, hard-working, enthusiastic and motivated person to be appointed as:
- The applicant will be responsible for providing assistance to scientists, students and studentships in the implementation of specified research projects.
- Assisting in the generation of sequence and microsatellite data.
- Assist in general activities for core projects and services rendered.
- Assist in laboratory management (inventory and equipment maintenance)
- Sample management.
- Conducting routine laboratory techniques (DNA isolation, polymerase chain reaction processes PCR, agarose gel electrophoresis)
- National Diploma / BTech Biotechnology or related qualification.
- Basic computer literacy
- Good command of English (written and spoken)
- Computer literacy
- Aptitude for science and technology
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to send applications (with a cover letter, full CV and qualifications) to be forwarded to the addresses below. Short-listed candidates who are invited for the interview will be expected to demonstrate proof of the above Key Competencies and Minimum Requirements.
Enquiries can be directed to Human Resource on 012 339 2700 or Dr Dalton +27 12 339 2700. A full academic transcript showing all marks must be included in your application.
For more information kindly log on to: www.nzg.ac.za
Applications should be forwarded to:
HR PRACTITIONER: TALENT MANAGEMENT
P.O Box 754
Email: nmailto:[email protected]