Closing Date: 21 November 2014
Duration: 12 Months
The National Zoological Gardens of South Africa is looking for a well-qualified, experiences, hard-working, enthusoastic and motivated person to be appointed as :
- The applicant will be responsible for providing assistance to scientists, students and studentships in the implementation of specified research projects.
- Assisting in the generation of sequence and microsatellite data.
- Assist in general activities for core projects and services rendered.
- Assist in laboratory management (inventory and equipment maintenance)
- Sample management.
- Conducting routine laboratory techniques (DNA isolation, polymerase chain reaction processes PCR, agarose gel electrophoresis)
- The incumbent must be a final year National Diploma Biotechnology / Btech Biotechnology or related qualification
- Basic computer literacy
- Good command of English (written and spoken)
- Aptitude for science and technology
How To Apply
Interested candidates are requested to send applications (with a cover letter, full CV and qualifications) to be forwarded to the addresses below. Short-listed candidates who are invited for the interview will be expected to demonstrate proof of the above .
Enquiries can be directed to Human Resource on 012 339 2700 . A full academic transcript showing all marks must be included in your application.
For more information kindly log on to: www.nzg.ac.za
Applications should be forwarded to: HR PRACTITIONER: TALENT MANAGEMENT
P.O Box 754 PRETORIA, 0001
Email: [email protected]