Closing date: 20 February 2016
Unemployed GRADUATES in Science, Engineering and Technology required to volunteer in the DST’S National Youth Service Programme which will be based at National Zoological Gardens of South Africa in Pretoria (Gauteng Province)
30 positions for persons aged 18-35 are available
This is a 12 month contract position Stipends paid to volunteers per month are as follows:
- National Diploma (R4000),
- Bachelor’s Degree/B.Tech (R4500),
- Honours (R5000),
- Master’s (R6000),
- PhD (R7200).
The volunteers will be required to work within one of the following departments:
- Conservation Education & Public Engagement in Science
- Research & Scientific Services
- Conservation & Animal Collections
Qualification in one of the following:
- Conservation Education – Nature Conservation, Eco-tourism, Environmental Science
- Research & Scientific Services – Biotechnology, Microbiology, Genetics, Molecular Biology, Forensic, Parasitology
- Conservation & Animal Collections – Nature Conservation, Zoology
All travel and relocation costs will be for the candidates’ own expenses.
How to Apply
Should you be interested and meet the above requirements, please e-mail your detailed CV, copy of ID and qualifications and a covering letter summarising the reasons for applying to [email protected] or hand deliver your CV and letter to 232 Boom Street, National Zoological Gardens of South Africa, Pretoria.
Communication will only be conducted with short-listed candidates. If applicants have not heard from us within 4 weeks of the closing date, they must assume that their applications were unsuccessful.
Comments are closed.