The Intern will assist with the Global Marketing Partnerships department regards the strategy, planning, research and business development of NBA partners and prospects in Africa.
- Assist in new business category research and outreach process
- Research potential targets and industry trends, develop company fact sheets for meeting preparation
- Research key companies and track properties in which they are currently involved
- Communicate with NBA NY and London Offices to retrieve most up-to-date research information for International markets
- Assist in creating and updating sales materials
- Prepare outreach to key categories/companies (e.g., letters, research contact information)
- Monitor and manage marketing partners’ contractual benefits (including event sponsorship, promotional obligation, and media advertising)
- Assist with marketing partner activation
- Communicate with NBA NY and London Offices for best practices and resources in the execution of local marketing programs
- Assist with preparing presentation materials for marketing partners and internal meetings
- Assist with sponsorship valuation and ROI assessment
- Various departmental duties as required
- Creative thinker
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Hard worker
- Significant experience with Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel
- Familiarity with sports and entertainment marketing, media and events
- Additional creative/graphic software experience a plus
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, good time management and organizational skills
- Understanding of sports industry.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Proficient computer skills including: Word, Lotus Notes, and PowerPoint and especially Excel
- Ability to absorb a large workload.
- Be self-sufficient, a quick learner, and a problem solver
- Values: open-minded, smart, team player, enthusiastic, tenacious
Educational Background Required
- Current student enrolled full time in University at undergraduate / masters level or 2013 graduates.
- Preferred fields of study: Marketing, Advertising or Communications
How to Apply