The Intern will provide support for Basketball Operations, Events and Communications. They will assist where required across all departments. Interns will participate in training programs, events and activities designed to broaden their knowledge of the NBA business.
- Maintenance of media database
- Media accreditation process management
- Updating (under supervision) social media assets
- Support various administrative needs of the department
- Assist with the coordination, planning and organization of camps and coaching clinics
- Assist with basketball development programs Africa
- Work with various departments on upcoming events or activations in Africa
- Provide general support regards Events in all necessary areas to successfully implement departmental and corporate business plans
- Provide support in marketing and promotion mix of the events (Marketing Campaigns, Public Relations, Sponsors Servicing and Internet)
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent written skills
- Must be highly-organized with the ability to multi-task
- Knowledge of digital and social media as a marketing resource
- An understanding of the world of sports marketing will be an advantage
- Ability to prioritize and handle numerous tasks simultaneously
- Very close attention to detail
- Ability to handle pressure situations with poise, confidence and sense of humour
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, good time management and organizational skills
- Understanding of sports industry.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Strong analytical skills with acute attention to detail
- Proficient computer skills including: Word, Lotus Notes, and PowerPoint and especially Excel
- Ability to absorb a large workload.
- Be self-sufficient, a quick learner, and a problem solver
- Values: open-minded, smart, team player, enthusiastic, tenacious
Educational Background Required
Current student enrolled full time in University at undergraduate/masters level or 2013 graduates.
How to Apply
Comments are closed.