Closing Date: 01 July 2015
The National Education Collaboration Trust (NECT) seeks 8 dynamic self-starters to assist in regional communication efforts. This internship is an excellent opportunity to experience various aspects of communications while working for an organisation that is focussed on creating a better future for South Africa in the education area.
- Meet regularly with relevant stakeholders
- Attend district meetings, such as the District Steering Committee (DSC) meeting amongst others
- Visit projects on the ground and assess which ones should be highlighted together with the Lead Agents and the National Communications Manager, thereafter write an article based on this
- Manage and maintain relationships with local media including radio, print and online
- Build contacts and sources for use in future stories
- Write, post, manage and maintain relevant social media for the district
- Manage and maintain the NECT CRM database for the district, including obtaining and capturing details from all relevant stakeholders
- Interview stakeholders in the district
- Write relevant articles regularly and timeously
- Ability to write communication required for the district
- Memorandums / notifications
- Fact-check information given to you by interviewees
- Work within defined templates (provided) for newsletters, reports and other
- Compile detailed status reports in order to report back
- A good understanding of available technological tools such as a computer, camera, smart phones etc. and digital platforms such as CRM and social media
- Completed a University/College degree, in a related field (e.g., Journalism, English, Marketing / Communications, Advertising or Public Relations)
- Previous internship or related experience in marketing or communications an advantage
- Understanding of the basic principles of journalism, communications, public relations and/or marketing
- Must be computer literate (working knowledge of Microsoft Office).
- Possess excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner with press and community contacts
- Ability to work well independently, and within a team
- Passion for education, cultural sensitivity and respect for differences
- Must also be able to speak a local language (i.e. Northern Sotho/Sepedi in Limpopo, Xhosa in Eastern Cape, Setswana in North West, Ndebele in Mpumalanga and Zulu in KZN)
- Must be from one of these provinces: Limpopo, KwaZulu-Natal, Mpumalanga, North West or the Eastern Cape Province, and willing to work there.
How to Apply
Please a send cover letter, resume and writing sample to Kabelo Mpyatona on [email protected]
Please consider your application as unsuccessful if you do not hear back from us within 2 weeks
Comments are closed.