CLOSING DATE: FRIDAY, 23 AUGUST 2013 before 12h00 noon
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons for appointment to the under-mentioned position. Persons with a disability are encouraged to apply.
POSITION CODE: 5600
Salary R110 844 – R121 056 per annum
(Basic salary only, excluding benefits)
In compliance with the Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality’s Employment Equity Plan, preference will be given to suitably qualified African/White (male) applicants.
- Grade 12 and computer literacy.
- Proficiency in two official local languages.
- Good people skills and a service-orientated disposition (essential).
- Good general knowledge and knowledge of books and reading (essential, as the incumbent will have to provide reference services to the public).
As part of the selection process, candidates may be tested on any requirement, skill or competency.
Summary of duties:
- Circulating, safekeeping and recovering library material according to work procedures.
- Maintaining and correct shelving and storage of all library material according to work procedures.
- Involvement with library and special projects.
- Performing administrative duties.
- Dealing with members of the public of all ages and may be expected to perform duties in respect of the Children’s Library.
All suitable candidates will be required to undergo basic library-orientated aptitude tests.
Fringe benefits will include membership of a Retirement Fund, Medical Aid Scheme, Group Life Assurance Scheme, participation in a Housing Subsidy and Car Schemes (subject to the conditions of the various Schemes), and normal leave and sick leave benefits.
Proof of academic qualifications:
- All applications must be accompanied by certified copies of academic qualifications.
- Short-listed candidates will be required to produce their original academic qualifications at the interview.
- Should the necessity to determine equivalence of qualification and/or the verification/confirmation of same be required, this should be established via the relevant verification authority and the responsibility will rest with the applicants themselves.
Canvassing of Councillors is not permitted and proof thereof will result in disqualification.
How to Apply
Official application forms are obtainable from the Employment Application Receiving Centre, ground floor, Lillian Diedericks Building (formerly Brister House), Govan Mbeki Avenue, Port Elizabeth, tel. 041 506 2252 or may be downloaded from the municipal website.
Please complete one employment application form per vacancy, clearly stating the position code of the post for which you are applying. Each completed application form must be accompanied by a CV (curriculum vitae) and certified copies of supporting documentation (please do not submit original supporting documentation, as this will not be returned). A CV not accompanied by a fully completed official application form will not be accepted.
Mail to the Executive Director: Corporate Services (Human Resources Management Services Sub-Directorate), PO Box 116, Port Elizabeth 6000 or deliver to the Employment Application Receiving Centre, ground floor, Lillian Diedericks Building (previously Brister House), Govan Mbeki Avenue, Port Elizabeth.
Kindly note that the Municipality does not notify applicants whose applications were unsuccessful. Applicants not contacted within six weeks of the closing date may safely assume that their applications were not successful. They are nevertheless thanked for their interest shown in the position(s) advertised.