Closing Date: 7 APRIL 2015 (before 12h00 noon)
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons for appointment to the under-mentioned position.
This internship stems from an initiative of the National Treasury Financial Management and Budget Reform, which aims at facilitating the training of interns in local government financial management.
- A BCom. Degree majoring in Accounting or a National Diploma in Cost Accounting.
- Proficient oral and written communication skills in English, while the ability to communicate in at least one other official local language will be a recommendation.
- Computer literacy and knowledge of Windows spreadsheet applications.
- Financial accounting related work experience (a recommendation).
Summary of duties
- Assisting in implementing the Municipal Finance Management Act and budget reforms.
- Assisting in developing statistical reporting modules and financial policies and procedures.
- Capturing financial data.
As part of the selection process, candidates may be tested on any requirement, skill or competency, which will include pre-employment screening, security vetting and psychometric assessment.
How to Apply
Kindly note that all applications for employment should be completed on the official employment application form of the Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality and accompanied by certified copies of academic qualifications. Z83 applications and faxed applications are no longer accepted. Please complete one employment application form per vacancy, clearly stating the position code of the post for which you are applying. (Please do not submit original supporting documentation, as these will not be returned). A CV not accompanied by a fully completed official application form will not be accepted.
Official application forms are obtainable from the Employment Application Receiving Centre, ground floor, Lillian Diedericks Building (formerly Brister House), Govan Mbeki Avenue, Port Elizabeth, tel. 041 506 3259 or may be downloaded from the municipal website: www.nelsonmandelabay.gov.za
Mail to the Executive Director: Corporate Services (Human Resources Management Services Sub-Directorate), PO Box 116, Port Elizabeth 6000 or deliver to the Employment Application Receiving Centre, ground floor, Lillian Diedericks Building, Govan Mbeki Avenue, Port Elizabeth.
Kindly note that the Municipality contacts shortlisted applicants only. Applicants not contacted within six weeks of the closing date may safely assume that their applications were not successful. They are nevertheless thanked for their interest shown in the position/s advertised.
Comments are closed.