Location: Port Elizabeth
As a welding Apprentice to learn the trade of Welder, practical & theoretical, and to pass trade tests by on-the-job training and trade school.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Must be proficient with and have passed Matric
- Same practical work as specified under Trainee Welding Operator
- Complete theoretical & practical syllabus as per training modules
- Exposure to practical on-the-job training
- Must be able to pass theoretical and practical tests for the different levels as per training program
- Explanation of works instructions (shop docs) and facilitating work flow by reading of drawing details and executing the work instructions as per the work management system.
- Assisting in issuing of manufacturing processes.
- Effectively report any HSE or productivity issues through the correct channels
- Work to achieve high quality in the assembly and welding of component parts
- Be proficient in the use of all welding equipment used in the Fabrication Shop.
- Work to weekly production schedule highlighting any key areas which may prevent achieving daily targets
- Interpret weld procedures, engineering drawings from sketches, materials and electronic images identifying the most efficient, cost effective solution without compromising quality or safety
- Maintain welder traceability
- Follow recognised procedures for issuing and returning of welding consumables from stores (rods, wire, flux)
- Notify the Supervisor of any mistakes, omissions or alterations necessary to drawings or bills of material
- Contribute to the development of systems and improvement in working practices and processes
- Accurately complete details on time sheets/Kronos electronic timekeeping – return them to the Supervisor on completion of a job
- Participate in resolving assembly and production issues
- Complete regular preventive maintenance
- Report malfunctions to Maintenance as needed
- Maintain production area housekeeping 5S
- Minimize waste by using/disposing of raw materials and consumable items efficiently