Closing Date: 19 December 2017
Location: Cape Town
The following vacancy exists at NSFAS. Position Graduate Internship Programme Type & Grade 18 Months Contract, (Stipend) Vacancy No 3 of 2017/18 Department & Unit Corporate Services, Organisational Development POSITION OVERVIEW The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) is a public entity accountable to the Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET). It provides financial assistance to eligible students at public universities and at Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET) colleges throughout South Africa. NSFAS has started the implementation and roll – out of the Student Centred – Model at all 26 public universities and 50 TVET Colleges across the country, as part of its efforts to improve the student fundi ng experience. NSFAS’ focus over the past year has therefore been to improve the communication around the implementation of the Student – Centred Model so that the scheme can realise this objective in the 2017 academic year. Central to this are two complemen tary objectives which serve to deepen the pool of funding available for students through constantly striving to recover loans which are due, and to source more funding from potential donors so that it can assist more students comprehensively. The following vacancies exist in Cape Town.
NSFAS is looking to employ graduate interns from the greater Cape Town surrounding areas who meet the following minimum requirements:
- Une mployed South African graduates
- A minimum of a three (3) year degree or diploma from higher education institutions in the areas as indicated below Page 2
- No previous experience (Less than one year casual work experience could be considered).
- NSFAS funded graduates
Field of Study & Qualifications
- Industrial Engineering or Production and Operations Management
- Graphic Design
- Public Relations, Marketing or Events Management
Candidates will be required to display the following personal attributes
- Organised and able to meet deadlines
- Confident communicator
- Ability to work independently, as well as within a team
- Ability to work under pressure and display initiative
- Preference will be given to Cape Town based candidates
How to Apply
Interested applicants who mee t the requirements should send D etailed Curriculum Vitae, Copies of Academic Qualifications and names of two contactable referees to Nokulunga Mtse via email, with the subject Graduate Internship Programme to [email protected]. NSFAS do es not consider late applications. NSFAS only corresponds with s hortlisted c andidates. If you do not hear from NSFAS within 2 months of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.