Closing Date: 8 April 2015
Oxford University Press Southern Africa is pleased to announce an internship opening for a graduate who is interested in gaining experience in the exciting world of educational book publishing. A place is available in our Higher Education publishing department, which publishes tertiary subjects at university and university of technology level. The programme will run from 6 – 12 months and is based at our Cape Town office.
What we’re looking for
- Self-motivated individuals with an interest in education
- A relevant completed or in-progress tertiary degree (e.g.: BA, Bcomm, languages, etc.).
- Excellent written and spoken English skills
- Confident communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and good organizational skills
- A creative and collaborative approach to your work
- The ability to adapt to change and manage deadlines
- Proficient at using MS Office, including Outlook, Word and Excel.
What we offer
- Full-time work experience in the various facets of book publishing including writing and content creation
- Exposure to marketing and market research activities, planning and projects
- Development of your presentation and relationship-building skills
- Networking with people in the publishing industry
- A supportive work environment with challenging and meaningful work
- A commitment to quality, innovation and a high level of ethics
- A monthly salary for the duration of the internship
How to Apply
To apply, forward a one page letter of motivation stating why you would like to work in publishing and your CV. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Oxford reserves the right not to fill the vacancy at this time.