EPM offers training to Electrical Engineering Students who wish to complete their P1 & P2 training for a National Diploma in Electrical Engineering.
We are focused on Process Control, Automation, Power Control and Energy Efficiency. We do not cover High Voltage or RF communication. We are a manufacturing company focused on providing solutions and services to industry. We cover most aspects of electrical engineering up to 400V. A very small amount of Medium Voltage work is covered.
We however do not exclude students from High Voltage or RF departments as we realise it is difficult to choose subjects without any work experience.
Fields covered include:
- PLCs (Schneider Electric/Modicon, Allen-Bradley, Phoenix Contact, Siemens)
- Human Machine Interface – HMI (Schneider Electric, Allen-Bradley, Red Lion, Turck)
- SCADA (Adroit, Citect, Wonderware, FactoryTalk View)
- Motion Control & Servo’s
- AC Drives, DC Drives, Soft-Starters up to 450kW
- Ethernet Networks, GPRS Telemetry, Devicenet Networks, Profibus Networks, Can Bus Networks, RS485 Networks
- Sensors and machine vision equipment (Banner, Turck)
- Power Electronics (Thyristor Phase Controllers; Annealing Furnaces, DC Drives, Soft-Starters and Battery formation equipment.)
- MCC Design and motor control (Direct On-Line, Star-Delta, Soft-Starters, Variable Speed)
- Micro-controllers & PCB Design
- Project Management & Project Costing
- Power Monitoring and energy control solutions
We are an established yet dynamic company with over 60 employees and more than 60 years of experience amongst the senior partners. EPM is continuously looking for students who are self-motivated, interested in learning and have a passion for engineering.
CV’s should be emailed to Vaughn Kretzmann and should include the latest OFFICIAL results and a copy of valid Code 8 driver’s license. Any applications submitted without official results and a driver’s license copy will NOT be considered.
Only applications via email will be accepted.
More Information: http://www.epm.co.za/careers