CLOSING DATE: Friday, 28 th September 2018
Location: Cape Town, Goodwood
The PathCare Academy invites responsible a nd respectable individuals who possess a well – developed work ethic and who are responsive to customer needs to apply for the Academy training programmes commencing in 2019.
- Student Medical Laboratory Technician Programme – Grade 12 with mathematics and physical science/ life science/ biology with a minimum 50% or D pass for all subjects
- Phlebotomy Technician Learnership – Grade 12 with mathematics or maths literacy and life science/ biology, with a minimum 50% or D pass for both subjects
- Read, write and speak English fluently
- Read, write and understand basic Afrikaans
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and independently
- Ability to work under pressure and study rigorously
- Possess a well – developed work ethic
- Willing to collect and/or process blood and body products
- Ability to provide excellent service and be responsive to customer needs
- Willingness to work shifts and after hours as required
The competitive selection process will include:
- Screening of applications and academic results
- Selected candidates will be shortlisted and invited to undergo written proficiency tests
- Highest scoring candidate on the above will be invited to attend panel interviews
It is specifically brought to the attention of interested persons that only those candidates who fully comply with the applic ation instructions, score the highest in the competitive testing and interview processes, and who are deemed most suitable will be selected. Theoretical training will take place at the PathCare Academy in Cape Town, and practical training will take place at various PathCare laboratories across South Africa.
How to Apply
Individuals who meet the criteria and are interested in applying for a place o n these programmes should print and complete the application form: (Application Form for Student Medical Technician Programme 2019.pdf | Application Form for Phlebotomy Technician Learnership 2019.pdf). Completed application forms along with all supporting documents may be hand delivered to the PathCare Academy, 1 Birmingham Street, N1 City, Goodwood OR placed in an envelope clearly marked PathCare Academy and posted to PO Box 13406, N1 City, Goodwood, 7460.
Please note: Candidates are to carefully note the requirements for their chosen programme and ensure that they meet the requirements. In addition to this do not apply again if you have submitted an application in the last month, as we are attending to all applications received and will be contacting the shortlisted candidates. Further to the above by applying fo r this position, your application will be subject to verification checks of y our driver’s licence, ID document, qualifications, credit and criminal checks if required. Candidates must be willing to participate in a rigorous evaluation process.