Closing date: 4 October 2013
For studies in Engineering at a tertiary institution for 2014.
The value of the bursary includes:
- Full tuition fees
- Full residence and meals (or equivalent allowance)
- Annual cash and travel allowance
- Life skills training (if applicable)
- Compulsory practical vacation employment during December and January at various Petra Diamonds Operations.
- South African citizenship
- Registration with and acceptance at a University or University of Technology to study in the above field
- A minimum score of 6 for Mathematics and Science for mid-year examinations (not Maths Literacy).
Applicants who are currently studying at University or a University of Technology should demonstrate good results. Please attach your results with your application and acceptance correspondence from the University.
The bursary carries a contractual obligation, for which the bursar is required to work for Petra Diamonds SA (Pty) Ltd for a period equal to the study period of the bursary (on completion of internship period).
Preference will be given to children of permanent employees, children on Company scholarship programmes as well as individuals from local communities who are citizens of the Republic of South Africa. Candidates must reside in the labour sending area of Frances Baard District Municipalities. We will require proof of residence.
How to Apply
Please send your CV, with copies of qualifications and ID an quoting reference KUM-BURS, to [email protected] or fax: 086 719 3238.