Closing Date: 7 August 2016
Duration: 6 Months
Petra Diamonds SA invites candidates who are newly qualified and interested in gaining workplace experience in the mining sector in the discipline of Public Relat ions and Communications M anagement to apply for the Young Graduate Work Experience Project . The position will be based in Kimberley (Northern Cape) .
- Grade 12
- Diploma / Degree in Public Relations and Communication or equivalent relevant three – year qualification
- Proven computer literacy in MS Office
- Experience of desktop publishing package, such as Corel Graphics suit e , Corel Ventura or InDesign
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills i n English
- Valid driver’s license
- It will be to your advantage if you are from the l abour sending area of the Operation ( Frances Baard District Municipality )
Duties and Responsibilities:
- F ollow a programme to gain workplace experience within specified areas and section s
- Execute project – based work related to Communications
- Work in designated areas according to the Mine’s Standard Operating Procedures
- Work according to the applicable Policies and Procedures
- Submit progress reports to supervisor for assessment
- Ability to work under pressure
- Show initiative and be self – motivated
PLEASE NOTE: Preference will be given to children of employees and candidates with the required qualifications who are residing in the local communities and who are citizens of South Africa.
Petra Diamonds is an equal opportunity employer. Preference will be given to suitable candidates from the designated groups in line with the Company’s Employment Equity Policy and Plan as well as the criteria above . Pre – screening, profile testing, on mine assessments and induction , medical and security clearance form part of the recruitment and selection process. Short listed candidates will be required to attend a panel interview. Employment of the successful candidate is subject to the aforementi oned criteria.
How to Apply
Please Download and complete an application form and send together with your r esume, qualifications and ID to firstname.lastname@example.org, fax 086 659 1334 by 7 August 2016 . Please note that incomplete application forms and documentation will not be considered. If you have not heard from us withi n 30 days of the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Please note that Petra Diamonds does not at any time require any form of payment for recruitment purposes. If you are approached in this regard, you should report the incident immediately via one of the following hotlines: South Africa 0800 22 22 00 (toll free from an RSA landline) or international +27 12 305 2711.