Closing Date: 11 February 2015
Location: Kirkwood / Patensie / Addo / Fort Beaufort / Langkloof / Port Elizabeth
The Statutory Operations Department has a vacancy for Temporary Graduate Inspectors (x12) to conduct inspection of products and equipment according to standard protocols as prescribed through PPECB’s legislative mandate for the period 1 April 2015 to 30 September 2015.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Inspect and certify perishable products
- Inspect the handling, storage and transport of perishable products
- Ensure the correct application of quality management systems, BMS procedures and work instructions
- Perform administrative tasks
- Build and maintain good relations with PPECB clients
- Communicate with various clients on own specific task and outcome of decisions
- Participate in the relief duty roster
- A tertiary qualification in an agricultural or food science discipline
- National Certificate: Perishable Produce Export Technology would be advantageous
- Practical experience of products inspected in the relevant region will be an advantage: Vegetables, Citrus, Avocado.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Computer literate
- The ability to work independently and / or with minimum supervision
- A valid code 08 driving license and own reliable vehicle is a requirement for doing the job.
PPECB is an equal opportunity employer and promotes compliance with the provisions of the Employment Equity Act. It is our intention to promote equity according to our Employment Equity plan with the filling of posts. All applications will be considered, with the understanding that, in terms of PPECB Employment Equity Plan, preference will currently be given to candidates from the designated groups.
The ideal candidate will have the following competencies:
- Basic Financial Acumen
- Ability to identify and define risks of customers
- Ability to interpret technical requirements and apply the correct inspection techniques
- To gather information; anlyze the information and make an informed professional decision
- Communicate and report on inspection findings ( numeric capability)
- Build and maintain sound customer relations
- relevant legislation
- export products
- Knowledge of the Perishable export industry and relevant role – players
How to Apply
Comments are closed.