Closing Date: 31 October 2014
2015 Dean Bursaries are awarded on financial need and academic record to full time University students in an effort to assist students financially to cover tuition and/ or text book costs for one academic year. PPS does not award bursaries to students that already have other confirmed sponsors unless the alternative sponsor is a loan and not a bursary. If the student is in contravention with this policy, the bursary will be withdrawn and disbursed to an alternative bursary recipient.
Duties and Obligations :
- PPS is only assisting students financially to obtain their qualifications; it is not obliged to provide students with any practical training or employment on completion of studies.
- Recipients of the PPS Bursary award will be granted the opportunity to sign up and become a PPS student member at no cost.
To be eligible for the 2015 PPS Dean bursary, the full time student must:
- Be registering for a fourth academic year of study or post –graduate degree for 2015.
- Be studying towards a profession, which on qualification would be eligible for PPS membership
- Be in need of financial assistance
- Have an academic average of at least 60%
- Be a South African citizen or permanent resident
The following professions are accepted by PPS:
- Doctors (belonging to the HPCSA)
- Engineers (Electrical & Mechanical with four year degree)
- Farmer (with four year degree in agriculture)
- Nurses (with four year B.Cur degree)
- Occupational Therapist
- Speech and Hearing Therapist
- Human Resources Practitioner
- Political Analyst
- Social Worker
- Town and Regional Planner
- Industrial Psychology
- Land Surveyor
- And other professions
How To Apply
- Use the PPS Bursary Application Form to apply and attach certified copies of examination results, declaration of own and / or family’s financial position (copy of affidavit), statements from student account and certified copy of ID / passport
- It will be filled in by the student and returned to Graduate Marketing Specialist.
- Shortlisted students will be requested to fill in application form B and return it to the Graduate Marketing Specialist.
- Recipients of the bursary award will be notified by the 15th of December via email.
- Applicants that do not receive feedback by the 15th of December 2014 should consider their application unsuccessful
For more information about the bursary visit the PPS Website
Comments are closed.