- Bursary holders are required to serve a three year (minimum) training contract with the firm on completion of their post-graduate studies.
- This period may be extended depending on the value of the bursary awarded or the number of years for which the bursary is awarded.
- A training contract is a learnership contract for 3 years where you will be applying the theory learnt at university to the practical environment, including:
- Performing audit procedures at clients to express an opinion on their financial records
- Working closely with audit teams to ensure client deadlines are met
- Working in a challenging business environment
- Interacting with people on various levels of experience
- Gaining a wealth of experience on best business practices
- Progressing steadily throughout the three years to qualify as a Chartered Accountant, this includes writing the qualifying exams and achieving the necessary core hours as prescribed by SAICA.
- Core experience obtained during your learnership includes auditing, accounting, financial management, secretarial systems, taxation and estates, business information systems.
- You can apply for a bursary if you intend to study or are studying towards the Chartered Accounting (South Africa) CA (SA) qualification.
- Qualifications include a B Com / Baccalaureus in accounting or equivalent at any SAICA (South African Institute of Chartered Accountants) accredited university.
- Grade 12:
- Must be writing for a matric exemption and university acceptance
- Need to be doing Maths (pure Maths not Maths Literacy) and English.
- Must be obtaining over 60% for all your subjects.
- Students already at University must obtain consistent passes in all subjects.
- Proficient in English
- Strong communication skills
- Involvement in sport at school and/or university
- Good interpersonal skills
- Drive and determination
- Leadership potential
- Team player
- Deadline driven
- Attention to detail.
How to Apply
|Location||Closing Date||How to Apply|
|Bloemfontein||09 August 2014||Apply Online|
|Durban||05 December 2014||Apply Online|
|East London||12 December 2014||Apply Online|
|Johannesburg||27 February 2015||Apply Online|
|Menlyn||27 February 2015||Apply Online|
|Pietermaritzburg||05 December 2014||Apply Online|
|Port Elizabeth||12 December 2014||Apply Online|
|Secunda||26 February 2015||Apply Online|
|Welkom||31 August 2014||Apply Online|