Closing Date: 18 February 2016
A vacancy exist for a Diesel Mechanic Apprentice at our Milling Division in Pretoria West. The position will report to the Transport Manager. Training the apprentice to assist the workshop mechanics with the servicing and maintenance of the vehicle fleet consisting of trucks, trailers, forklifts, mobile equipment (blowers), generators, sprinkler system engine, cars and bakkies as required.
- Grade 12 with mathematics
- Valid driver’s license
- Own reliable transport
- Disciplined, self-management, structured work, deadline driven, honesty.
- Lead with integrity, respect and energy
- Mechanical knowledge
- Administrative skills
- Record keeping
- Attention to detail and precision
- Ability to communicate and work with people across different cultures
- Ability to work in a high paced environment with tight deadlines/targets
- Must be reliable and able to work independently
- Must be punctual
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure adherence to all health and safety procedures as stipulated by OHS act and company policies and procedures.
- Ensure correct PPE worn at all times and all equipment is in working order.
- Cleaning and housekeeping of the vehicle workshop.
- Cleaning of vehicles and components as and when required.
- Weekly cleaning of the diesel pumps
- Preparation of vehicles for C.O.F and licencing.
- Candidate must be willing to work overtime and weekends as required.
- Any other workshop related task as may be required by the workshop manager
How to Apply
Apply Online for the RCL Foods Diesel Mechanic Apprenticeship Programme