Closing Date: 28 February 2015
The South African Air Force is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. The candidature of persons, whose appointment will promote representivity, will receive preference.
It is one of the Services in the SANDF which offers young South Africans opportunities to be trained in the Military, through a two years Military Skills Development System.
The system is aimed at affording young people military skills, which could assist in their quest for employment in the job market.
Successful candidates will undergo full time training for two-years, during which, they will receive military and further functional training.
During the selections, the applicants will be subject to Psychometric Test; Medical Evaluation; Vetting on criminal record and Verification of qualifications.
All applicants must comply with the following:
- South African Citizen (No dual citizenship).
- Grade 12 or Equivalent with subjects specific to a career selection;
- Not Area Bound;
- No Criminal Record;
- Physically Fit and Medically Fit
Areas of Recruitment
- ENGINEERING: 18 – 24 Years (Maths and Science Level – 6 (APS – 35 – University Entry) on offer are: Industrial Engineering ♠ Electronic Engineering ♠ Mechanical Engineering ♠ Civil Engineering ♠ Aeronautical Engineering
- PILOT TRAINING: 18 – 24 Years (Maths and Physical Science Level 4; University entry).
- Minimum Height – 1600mm, Maximum Height – 1900mm
- Minimum Weight – 53kg; Maximum – 104kg
- No Hearing Impairment (No hearing aid)
- Have 6 / 6-eye vision (No spectacles / contact lenses)
- NAVIGATOR: Requirements same as for Pilot.
- COMMAND AND CONTROL: 18 – 22 Years (Mathematics Level 4 and Geography Essential)
- TECHNICAL TRAINING: 18 – 22 Years (Maths and Science Level-3) or Technical N6 Diploma up to 25 years old)
- FIRE FIGHTING: 18 – 22 Years (Maths and Science Level-3) or Technical N6 Diploma up to 25 years old)
- MATERIAL SUPPORT CLERK (TECHNICAL): 18–22 Years (Maths and Science Level-3) or Technical N6 Diploma up to 25 years old)
How to Apply
Attach CV with certified copies of qualifications and ID to this coupon and send to The Recruitment Office, SA Air Force Headquarters, Private Bag X199, Pretoria 0001
N.B. Should you not receive a response by 31 October 2015, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
THE DEPARTMENT OF DEFENCE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO EMPLOYMENT
Comments are closed.