Closing Date: 28 February 2015
The SA Navy is offering young South African citizens an excellent opportunity to serve in uniform over a two-year period. The Military Skills Development System (MSDS) is a two-year voluntary service system with the aim of equipping and developing young South Africans with the necessary skills in order to compete in the open market.
Young recruits are required to sign up for a period of two-years, during which they will receive Military Training and further Functional Training.
All applicants must comply with the following:
- South African Citizen (Relinquish any other citizenship).
- Have no record of criminal offences.
- Not be area bound.
- Preferably single.
- Comply with medical fitness requirements for appointments in the
- Be free from physical disabilities and not suffer from claustrophobia or a fear of heights.
Minimum Requirements for Applicants with Matric only:
- Combat applicants aged between 18 and 22 must have completed Grade 12 with Mathematics and Physical Science with at least Level 3 for both subjects.
- Engineering and Technical applicants aged between 18 and 22 must have completed Grade 12 with Mathematics and Physical Science with at least Level 3 for both subjects
Requirements for Graduates:
- Graduate applicants aged between 18 and 26 must have a completed Grade 12 with a Degree, National Diploma or N6 with a Trade Test Certificate in Mechanical, Marine or Electrical Engineering.
- Graduate applicants aged between 18 and 26 must have a completed Grade 12 with relevant support (Human Resource and Logistics) qualifications
THIS APPLICATION FORM MUST BE SUBMITTED WITH THE FOLLOWING CERTIFIED DOCUMENTS
- Copy of ID
- Copy of Matric Certificate
- A Short CV
- Highest achieved qualification (e.g. Degree, National Diploma or N6 Certificate)
ENQUIRIES AND APPLICATIONS
Admission Enquiries can be directed to: SA Navy Recruitment Centre at (012) 339 4000. If interested in the MSDS in the SA Navy, kindly complete the application form with the requested documents & post to: Department of Defence, SA Navy Headquarters (Recruitment Centre) Private Bag X104, Pretoria, 0001
How to Apply
Comments are closed.