Closing Date: 01 September 2017
The incumbent of this role is responsible for the following:
- To ensure the onboard safety of our Customers and provide a five star Customer experience on-board in line with SAA Customer Services Standards.
- To resolve all conflict and disputes for our customers on all flights.
- To assist in promoting and protecting the Corporate Brand, goodwill and ensuring the company’s image is upheld as a brand ambassador.
Lastly the role will be required to support the optimization of the team by participating in improvement initiatives within the area of accountability. To effectively perform this role Cabin Crew Members need to adhere to standard operating procedure and are accountable to the Senior Purser/Purser on all aircraft
- Ensure cost containment measures are practiced on-board.
- Conduct Duty Free Sales on-board in all international flights.
- Render a five star quality service to Customers and Crew according to the prescribed service standards.
- Effectively resolve all conflict and disputes for Customer before disembarkation on all flights.
- Responsible for the safety of Customers and Crew.
- Address on-board emergency situations.
- Maintain sound interaction between Customers, Flight Deck and Cabin Crew.
- Comply with Standard Operating Procedures (Safety, Security and Service).
- Ensure all Customers are treated with dignity and respect.
- Report all on-board non-compliances with Company Standards to the Purser and or Senior Purser, Supervisor and Crew Manager
- All other non-compliances must be reported to Cabin Crew Supervisor or Cabin Crew Manager.
- Set priorities appropriately to ensure that work outputs are timely and of the highest quality.
- Operate independently and receive management direction as appropriate.
- Maintain a healthy and safe place to work by complying to set standards, rules and regulations.
- Ensure compliance with relevant company policies, procedures, standards and relevant legislation (BCEA, LRA, industrial agreement, CAA regulations, etc.) and all other regulatory requirements of countries SAA operates into.
Qualifications & Experience
- Matric/Grade 12 is essential.
- South African Identity is essential.
- 03 year’s Diploma in Travel and Tourism or related is essential.
- Fluency in English is essential.
- Must be able to swim.
- A minimum height of 1.58m is required (without shoes).
- A maximum body mass index of 25 for Females and 28 for Males.
- CCM qualified (CAA qualification) will be an advantage.
- Current and Valid medical (DD50) will be an advantage.
Knowledge & Attributes
- Knowledge of and experience in the SAA Airport Operations and Voyager will be an advantage.
- Problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Planning and Organizing skills.
- Listening skills.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Client centricity.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Passion for serving.
- Attention to detail.
- Emotional intelligence with a focus on empathy.
- Optimism and Adaptability.
- Strong customer service orientation with ability to deliver consistent, excellent service.
- Proactive, Initiative and Enthusiastic.
- Organizational Resilience and ability to manage under pressure.
- Trustworthy and Reliable
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Ability to handle difficult customers.
- The onus is on the applicant to prove that he/she meets the minimum requirements, therefore please ensure that your CV is detailed enough, in other words, makes reference to qualifications, knowledge, skills, experience (inclusive of duties, tenure, designation etc.) and attributes.
- Please note that no applications will be accepted without a certified copy of the applicant’s South African Identity Document; Matric/Grade 12 and a 03year’s Diploma in Travel and Tourism.
- Closing date will be on 01 September 2017 at 23H59 Please be mindful of the closing date as NO late applications will be considered.
- Applicants will go through a comprehensive assessment process which may include competency and/or psychometric assessments.
- Successful applicants are required to successfully complete all AvMed, SEPT, Service Training Modules and all Cabin Crew training assessments within the course time frame.
- Applicants must not have a criminal record as applicants will undergo pre-employment checks i.e. criminal, credit, reference, authentication of qualification etc.
- SAA reserves the right not to make an appointment to any of the positions contained in this advert.
- Should no response on your application be received in 30 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
How to Apply
Apply Online for the SAA: Cabin Crew Graduate / Internship Programme 2018