Closing Date: 21 January 2013
This is an exciting opportunity for graduates that have a 3 or 4 year Degree/ diploma from accredited and recognised tertiary institutions in the following disciplines to participate in the SABC internship programme.
|Internship Type||Minimum requirements for participation in internship|
|Finance (Ref: GS/001)||3/4 year Diploma /degree in Financial Management / Accounting|
|Procurement (Ref: GS /002)||3 / 4 year diploma / degree in Supply Chain Management / Logistics|
|Human Resources – Learning and Development (Ref: GS/003)||3 / 4 year diploma / degree in Human Resources Development / Management / Education and Training|
|Internal Audit (Ref: GS/004)||3/ 4 year diploma / degree in Auditing / Financial Management|
|Legal Services (Ref: GS/005)||Degree in Law|
|Sport Production (Ref: GS/006)||Diploma / Degree in Television and Media|
|Marketing (Market Intelligence)(Ref: GS/007)||Diploma / Degree in Marketing / Marketing communications|
|Information Technology (IT) (Ref:Tech/001)||
|Electrical Engineering (Ref:Tech/002)(Light Current only) For the Completion of P1 & P2 components of the qualification||Relevant diploma/degree in S4 Electrical Engineering Light current
|Radio Production (technical) (Ref: Tech/003)||
|Graphic design (Ref:Tech/004)||
|Television operations (Ref:Tech/005)||
|Media libraries / Archives (Ref:TV/001)||
|Media Strategy – Radio / TV (Sales) / Operations / Trade Marketing(Ref: Com/001)||
|Graphic design (Ref: TV/002)||
|Radio Programming (Ref:RD/001)||
|Radio Marketing (Ref:RD/002)||
|Internal Communications (Ref: SH/001)||
|Logistics (Ref: SH/002)||
|Journalism (News) (Ref: NW:001)||
|Travel and Tourism (Ref:SH/002)||
|Public Relations (Ref:SH/003)||
|International relations (Ref:SH/004)||
|Project management (Ref:SH/005)||
|Film and TV Production (Ref:TV/003)||
|Film and Media Studies (Ref:TV/005)||
- Matric certificate (Maths and Science for IT and Finance internships is a prerequisite)
- Successfully completed a 3 year degree / diploma in the discipline the application is being made
- Be computer literate with MS packages. MS project in certain disciplines will be an advantage.
- Be a South African citizen and under the age of 25.
- Have excellent communication skills in English (spoken and written)
- Be prepared to enter into a learning agreement for 10 months commencing on 1 March 2013
- Aptitude tests and other criteria will be utilised to determine suitability and entry onto the programme.
- Please note permanent employment after completion of the programme is not guaranteed.
How to Apply
Interested individuals who meet the above criteria and requirements for the relevant internship and who are willing to be part of the exciting and challenging world of broadcasting are invited to forward applications by emailing:
- The completed SABC Internship application form (Together with supporting documents as required. Incomplete applications will disqualify the application)
- A concise 1 page CV (CV to detail current competencies, experience and skills)
- Certified copies of SA identity, matric certificate, diploma / degree, academic transcripts and other documents as required in the application form).
Applications should be emailed to: [email protected]
PLEASE INDICATE IN THE SUBJECT BOX OF THE E-MAIL FOR WHICH INTERNSHIP THE APPLICATION IS MADE AND THE SUPPORTING REFERENCE NUMBER WHICH IS INDICATED IN RED NEXT TO THE INTERNSHIP TYPE OF THE ADVERT. INTERNSHIP APPLICATION FORMS ARE AVAILABLE ON THE SABC WEBSITE
No late applications will be considered
If you have not had a response within 4 weeks after the closing date, then please consider your application as being unsuccessful and no correspondence will be entered into.
Special thanks to Tshilidzi for sharing this link.