Closing date: 28 January 2014 (16:00), No late applications will be considered
Want to gain workplace experience in the exciting world of Broadcasting? The SABC, Internship programme is for you.
This is an exciting opportunity for graduates who have a 3 or 4 year Degree/diploma from an accredited and recognised tertiary institutions in the following disciplines to participate in the SABC internship programme.
|Technology: Radio Technical operations (Ref: Tech/001)||
|Technology: Radio Archives/Librarian (Ref: Tech/002)||
|Technology: Logistics (Ref: Tech/003)||
|Technology: Television Technical OperationsFor example: Camera Operations, Lighting Operations, Sound Operations (Ref: Tech/004)||
|Technology: IT Specific areas only:IT Security (Ref: Tech/005)
Database/Server (Ref: Tech/006)
Programming (Ref: Tech/007)
Networking (Ref: Tech/008)
|Journalism (News) (Ref: NW:001)||
|Television Production (Ref: TV/001)||
|TV Sport Production (Ref: TV/002)||
|Radio Program Production/Producing (Ref: RD/001)||
Indicate the station/province you are applying to in the subject line of your email.
|Media Strategy (Ref: CE/001)||
|Policy and Regulatory affairs (Ref: GS/001)||
|Human Resources (Ref: GS/002)||
|Remuneration (Ref: GS/003)||
For further minimum requirements and application procedures please refer to page 3
- Matric certificate
- Successfully completed a 3 year degree/diploma in the discipline the application is being made
- Must be proficient in the use of MS Office. MS Project literacy in certain disciplines will be an advantage.
- Be a South African citizen and under the age of 35.
- Excellent command of the English language (verbal and written)
- Good communication skills
- Be prepared to enter into a learning agreement for 10 months commencing on 1 March 2014
- Aptitude tests and other criteria will be utilised to determine suitability and entry into the programme
- Apply directly to the relevant internship as per the email address given
- Apply directly to your relevant province
There are no guaranteed of employment after completion of the programme
How to Apply
Interested individuals who meet the above criteria and requirements for the relevant internship and who are willing to be part of the exciting and challenging world of broadcasting are invited to forward applications by emailing, to the address provided above, the following:
- The completed SABC Internship application form
- All supporting documents as required. (Incomplete applications will disqualify the application)
- A concise 1 page CV (CV to detail current competencies, experience and skills)
- Certified copies of SA identity, matric certificate, diploma/degree, academic transcripts and other documents as detailed on the application form.
Applications should be emailed to intern[email protected]
NB: Please indicate in the subject box of the e-mail the following:
- The specific internship the application is made for,
- In which province,
- The relevant reference number which is provided in red next to the internship type of the advert.