Closing Date: 18 January 2013
Key Purpose Statement
To provide 15 individuals with an opportunity to enroll for a National Certificate in Food and Beverage Packaging NQF 3. They will enter into a one-year, fixed term contract with Rosslyn Brewery, during which they will undergo both on-the-job and off-the-job learning, culminating in a national qualification.
- Minimum Matric with Maths & English.
- Technical Courses (N2, N3, N4, N5 or N6) will be an added advantage.
- Experience in a food and beverage packaging line will be an advantage.
- Self motivated.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to interact well in teams.
- Ability to work effectively in teams.
Output and Accountabilities
The Learnership is a structured learning programme that combines on-the-job learning as well as off-the-job learning in an integrated programme. The off-the- job component covers more theoretical aspects of the learning with work-based learning providing the opportunity for application of the theory and the further practical learning experiences required.
Further characteristics of a Learnership are:
- A Learnership leads to a national qualification registered on the (NQF) Qualification Framework.
- The qualification is based on SAQA (South African Qualifications Authority) registered unit standards.
- The unit standards are written to reflect value adding skills required in the workplace and contains the outcomes and assessment criteria.
- Competence is demonstrated in the workplace utilising a variety of assessment methods and using the assessment criteria as the standard of performance.
The advert has minimum requirements listed. Management reserves the right to use additional / relevant information as criteria for short-listing.