Closing Date : 27 May 2016
To develop Intern on how to conduct laboratory operations within a commercial environment, according to QMSs and Accreditation requirements
TRAINING PROGRAMME OUTLINE
Conduct tests and generate test results and reports thereof
- Plan and prepare to conduct tests
- Receive and record all samples from clients befor e testing
- Conduct manual or automated tests and generate tes t results using conventional test methods
- Record test results
- Interpret test methods
Apply calibration and maintenance procedures
- Prepare and apply calibration procedures
- Demonstrate the appropriate maintenance and basic trouble shooting requirements
- Calibrate and verify test equipment
- Participate in in-house test validations
Participate in maintaining the quality management sy stem and accreditation of the laboratory
- Conduct all activities assigned to maintain the Qu ality Management System and Accreditation
- Maintain all aspects of the laboratory’s quality system in accordance with the Quality Manual and the laboratory’s accreditation to the relevant ISO stand ard e.g. ISO 17025, and OHS requirements Adhere to SABS HSE policies and procedures
- Ensure responsible housekeeping within the work are a at all times or as directed by management
- Maintain a safe working environment by adhering to all safety principles and procedures
- Keep up with all the changes in the OHS requirement s Deliver excellent customer service
- Provide excellent customer service by meeting and e xceeding the client requirements
- Handle queries and resolve problems within sphere of control
- Attend to customer issues within sphere of control within the agreed time frame Ensure that all administration and reporting is kept up to date (within scope of control)
- Ensure timeous submission of accurate subsistence a nd travel claims, results, time sheets and any other related documentation.
- Timeous updating of training records
- Updating of method files with quality control data
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- National Diploma / B-Tech / B degree / BSc in Electrical and / or Electronics Engineering
- Honours and Masters in Electrical and Electronics Engineering will be an added advantage
- Computer Literate (MS Office suite, Internet etc.)
- Willingness to learn (ISO 17025 and other laborator y related courses)
BEHAVIORAL ATTRIBUTES COMMUNICATION
Conveys information, thoughts, and opinions by writ ing or speaking in a persuasive manner appropriate to the audience. Listens carefully and attentively, and clarifies and confirms the understanding of others’ m essages. Demonstrates an understanding of the implicit (emot ional) message as well as the explicit message of a ny communication.
Demonstrates in-depth understanding of customers’ i ndustries and core business processes, and their te chnical and business requirements. Builds significant long- term relationships with key customer contacts.
Demonstrates resourcefulness by exploring a range o f alternatives and options to resolve problems. Qu ickly recognizes new problems and develops solutions with in appropriate time scales.
Considers the impact of decisions / actions beyond th e boundaries of own organization / team. Influences k ey people to support the achievement of team and line of busi ness goals. Builds networks of contacts that can hel p in attaining goals.
Seeks out new approaches and ideas for continuous im provement. Anticipates problems and can identify and help implement new and unique ways to ensure high-qualit y service levels.
The SABS has a policy of developing staff where possibl e to meet current and future needs; candidates shou ld be prepared to undergo further training if required.
How to Apply
Internal / External applications must be sent to [email protected]. Contact Person: Takalani Nzima @ 012 428 6959