Closing Date: 22 September 2014
The South African History Archive (SAHA) seeks to appoint an Intern, based at the Constitution Hill. The intern will be expected to work on a full-time basis for at least six months (up to a maximum of 12 months) and will receive a modest monthly stipend for the duration of the internship. FOIP interns report to the FOIP Training and Community Liaison Officer. Preference will be given to recent graduates who have never been in full-time employment.
- Degree in law, political science, public administration, journalism or other relevant field
- Submit and track requests made of public and private bodies under PAIA;
- Assist in the delivery of SAHA’s PAIA training to NGOs and CBOs;
- Track legislative development and jurisprudence that have implications for the constitutional right of access to information;
- Conduct research, as directed, into national and regional use of access to information legislation, as directed.
How to Apply
Submit a one-page letter of motivation (no more than 500 words) that addresses the following three questions:
- What is the purpose of PROMOTION of Access to Information Act, 2000 (PAIA)?
- What were the motivating FACTORS behind the development of PAIA?
- Provide an example of how you think PAIA could be used to support struggles for justice in South Africa?
along with the contact details for at least two professional referees by email to [email protected] .
NB: Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application – NGO Pulse Portal.