Closing Date: 30 October 2014
Location: Cape Town
The function of the Procurement & Logistics Intern is to assist the Operations Coordinator to manage and control all stock and supplies, including sourcing, purchasing and receiving in a controlled and responsible manner to ensure maximum savings and financial efficiency for the organization.
Reporting to the Operations Coordinator, tasks of the Procurement Intern will be:
- Assist with sourcing stock and supplies and arranging efficient delivery
- Assist with regulating major suppliers and establishing a vendor master file
- Stock control:
- Ensure that all stock is duly received and accounted for
- Assist in maintaining stock control
- Assist with providing logistic support for all projects and operations at SANCCOB
- Assist with maintaining company vehicles and controlling usage
- Assisting with general administration and reception duties
This position will be best suited to a Procurement & Stock Control student or recent graduate who seeks to gain practical experience, and learn from an experienced Supply Chain Officer
The successful candidate will have demonstrable proof of the following:
- A qualification (or a student currently studying) in Procurement & Stock Control or a related field)
- Computer literacy with advanced Word and Excel skills
- Strong numeric skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment while maintaining an individual workload
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
How to Apply
Applicants are requested to submit a CV with at least 2 contactable references (max 3 pages) and a letter of motivation to fax: 021-557 8804, Attention: Operations Coordinator or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
A Brombacher, M Hopley, Dr. A Makhado, Dr. C Nxomani, S Ozinsky, Dr. S Petersen.
Management will not accept telephonic applicatios and will only correspond with applicants selected for interviews. Applicants who have not been contacted within 10 days of the closing date must please assume that their applications were not successful. SANCCOB reserves the right not to make an appointment.