Closing Date: 30 June 2013
The SA Navy is offering young South Africans citizens an excellent opportunity to serve in uniform over a two year period. The Military Skills Development System (MSDS) is a two year voluntary service system with the aim of equipping and developing young South Africans with the necessary skills in order to compete in the open market.
Young recruits are required to sign up for a period of two years, during which they will receive Military Training and further Functional Training.
Minimum Requirements for Scares Skills:
- South African Citizen (Relinquish any other citizenship).
- Aged between 18 and 22 with Grade 12 or 18 and 26 for graduates with National Diploma or N6 Certificate in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- Student Engineering applicants must have a completed Grade 12 with a degree/national diploma admission with Mathematics and Physical Science as passed subjects with at least B symbol or Level 6 for both subjects.
- Combat and Technical applicants must have completed Grade 12 with a degree admission with Mathematics and Physical Science as passed subject with at least D symbol or Level 4 for both subjects.
- Preferably single.
- Not be area bound.
- Have no criminal offences.
- Comply with medical fitness requirements for appointments in the SANDF.
- Be free form physical disabilities and not suffer from claustrophobia or a fear of heights.
After completion of Military and Officers training in the first year, Combat, Engineering and Technical Candidates will commence Studies at Cape Peninsula University of Technology, Durban University of Technology and University of Cape Town .
How to Apply
THE APPLICATION FORM MUST BE SUBMITTED WITH THE FOLLOWING CERTIFIED DOCUMENTS
- 1. Copy of ID
- 2. Copy of Matric Certificate
- 3. A Short CV
- 4. Highest achieved qualification (e.g. Degree, National Diploma or N6 Certificate)
Admission Enquiries can be directed to: SANDF Recruitment Centre at (012) 339 4000. If interested in the MSDS in the SA Navy, kindly complete the application form with the requested documents & post to:
Department of Defence, SA Navy Headquarters
Private Bag X104, Pretoria, 0001
Should you not receive a response within 60 days after the closing date, kindly consider your application unsuccessful
Further information can be obtained on.
Comments are closed.