Closing Date: 28 January 2013
South African Revenue Service (SARS) is the tax administration for South Africa. Students who have completed:
- B Com Law – with Accounting 2 minimum
- LLB – with Tax law
However, all final year students and recent graduates are welcome to apply.
SARS can offer you an opportunity to develop your potential. If you are a person with positive learning attitude and enjoy working in a team, this training programme can be a good starting point for you.
Skills and Talent Development Programme details:
- 24 Months contract : this depends on business needs
- Graduate will work as a trainee – not as an employee
- Graduate will be assigned a mentor for guidance and support
- Graduate’s performance will be reviewed on a regular basis
- Graduate may apply for a permanent position towards the end of the contract
- There is no automatic appointment upon expiry of contract; Graduates will apply through normal SARS recruitment procedures
Successful candidates will be required to undertake an oath of secrecy, pre-employment screening and or vetting, and a declaration of private interest. The appointment is also subject to appropriate reference(s) and security clearance if applicable.
The ideal candidate will have the following competencies:
- be discreet when dealing with client information
- ensure that the requirements of SARS are met
- understand age analysis of accounts
- understand general ledger structures
- age analysis of accounts
- banking and banking reconciliations
- data collection and analysis
- general ledger entries
- community programs and projects
Putting our people first is an integral part of SARS business strategy. In support of this and our ongoing evolution towards becoming the best employee-centric employer in South Africa, our Human Resources strategy aims to create a high performing environment for our people by role modelling and embedding the right behaviours and values.
How to Apply