Closing Date: 12 November 2012
South African Revenue Service (SARS) is the tax administration for South Africa. Students who have completed:
- * B Com Law – with Accounting 2 minimum
- LLB – with Tax law
However, all final year students and recent graduates are welcome to apply.
SARS can offer you an opportunity to develop your potential. If you are a person with positive learning attitude and enjoy working in a team, this training programme can be a good starting point for you.
Skills and Talent Development Programme details:
- 24 Months contract : this depends on business needs
- Graduate will work as a trainee – not as an employee
- Graduate will be assigned a mentor for guidance and support
- Graduate’s performance will be reviewed on a regular basis
- Graduate may apply for a permanent position towards the end of the contract
- There is no automatic appointment upon expiry of contract; Graduates will apply through normal SARS recruitment procedures
The Employment Equity policy of SARS will be considered as part of the recruitment and selection process. For statistical purposes, please indicate your Equity status (race, gender and disability) on your CV.
Successful candidates will be required to undertake an oath of secrecy, pre-employment screening and or vetting, and a declaration of private interest. The appointment is also subject to appropriate reference(s) and security clearance if applicable.
The ideal candidate will have the following competencies:
- be discreet when dealing with client information
- ensure that the requirements of SARS are met
- understand age analysis of accounts
- understand general ledger structures
- age analysis of accounts
- banking and banking reconciliations
- data collection and analysis
- general ledger entries
- community programs and projects
Putting our people first is an integral part of SARS business strategy. In support of this and our ongoing evolution towards becoming the best employee-centric employer in South Africa, our Human Resources strategy aims to create a high performing environment for our people by role modelling and embedding the right behaviours and values.
How to Apply