Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
SAS provides internship opportunities for you to expand your professional network, be mentored by experts in your field, apply your skills to solve actual business problems – and get paid while doing it. Learn from the best minds in the business and set yourself apart in a competitive job market.
What you’ll do
We’re looking for recent university graduates that are excited about building their analytical skillsets further. These positions are typically a 12-Month, full-time internship opportunity based in Johannesburg, South Africa. This is a paid experience where interns learn how to program in SAS, and become a SAS Certified Professional. You will receive soft-skills training and work on real-world projects that help you get higher mileage from your classroom education. You will also network with fellow students and experts in your field. SAS South Africa recently was named as one of the Top Employers for 2020 and we are excited for interns to be immersed into our award-winning culture.
What we’re looking for
- Honour’s or Masters Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Statistics, Analytics, Risk, Economics, Engineering, Actuarial Sciences
- Knowledge of Windows Operating Systems
- Ability to join the Internship on March 2, 2020 for a 12 month program
- Applicants must be South African Citizens with valid SA ID book
- English Language: fluent in reading, writing and speaking
- Applicants must be 30 years old and younger
- Applicants must not have participated in previous graduate or internship programmes as well as no previous work experience
- You’re curious, passionate, authentic and accountable. These are our values and influence everything we do.
Other knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Excellent communication, analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Ability to learn and work independently, and as part of a team
- Reliable, flexible and highly pro-active
- Self-motivated and be able to work under pressure
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it – and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
How to Apply
Apply Online for the SAS Graduate / Internship Programme