South African Sugarcane Research Institute (SASRI) is offering a graduate programme opportunities and applications are invited from the candidates who have completed a Bachelor’s Degree with a major in Computer Science / Information Systems / Natural Resource and have the ability to write computer programs and manipulate data.
The successful candidates will be mentored by a Senior Scientist/ assisting with research to develop high tech products and services for the sugar industry.
- Provide workplace experience to graduates allowing them practical exposure that will enrich their academic training, enhancing future employability. · Provide additional skills development training that will stimulate personal and professional growth, provide life skills and boost work readiness (Basic Business, Technical and Life Skills Training) through formal mentorship.
· Bachelor’s Degree with a major in Computer Science
· Bachelor’s Degree/Diploma with a major in Business Information Systems/ Computer Science and Knowledge/Experience in designing databases, developing and maintaining applications.
· This programme specifically targets South African candidates who have completed a Bachelor’s Degree and / or Post-Graduate Degree in Environmental, Natural Science, Sustainable Energy, Hydrology, Geography or related discipline
Term of the programme:
- Participants will be offered a one year intern contract.
- Successful candidates will receive an allowance of R3500.00 on a monthly basis. · We offer onsite accommodation at a minimum cost, meals, laundry service and free primary health care facilities. · There will be opportunities for growth and development for students who stand out from the rest and contribute significantly during the year.
- Please also attach detailed CV, certified copies of qualifications, academic record, and South African Identity document. Short listing will commence on 6 July 2015.
Due to the high volume of applications that we receive, we will not be able to reply to all applicants. Should you not get a response from us by 31 August 2015, please consider your application unsuccessful.