Location: Mount Edgecombe
Closing Date: 12 April 2014
Are you a young newly certified MSCE? Are you looking for an opportunity to break through into the Information Technology field? Well here’s your chance to join a dynamic team responsible for the administration, management, support and maintenance of all IT systems, services and infrastructure.
The Information Systems (IS) department currently has an excellent six (6) month contract, work experience opportunity for graduates in the Information Technology field. This position is based in Mount Edgecombe and in reporting to the General Manager of Information Systems and Facilities Management, the successful incumbents’ would gain experience and exposure in the following:
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Microsoft Windows Server operating systems
- Microsoft Exchange
- Microsoft Systems Centre Management suite
- Backup Exec
- Storage Area Networks
- Cisco Networking
The ideal applicant will have:
- This programme specifically targets South African candidates who have Matric and have completed a current MCSE certification.
Important skills and qualities to succeed in this role are:
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Be able to plan and prioritise tasks
- Confident to engage with internal and external customers
- A team player that can self-motivate and work independently
- Be able to adapt to different environments and people
- Dedicated and committed
Term of the programme:
- Participants will be offered a 6 month contract.
- Successful candidates will receive an allowance of plus/minus R3500.00 on a monthly basis.
What We Offer:
We encourage you to browse our website in order to obtain a full understanding of SASA and our role in the industry. You will have an opportunity to apply your existing skills and expertise in a uniquely challenging environment that integrates multiple technologies and systems to achieve incremental advances to various processes in the Sugar Industry.
Only applications submitted through our online job portal will be considered. To enter the portal, please visit www.sasa.org.za, select the careers page and select the wording “Click here to apply for any of the positions listed below”. Please feel welcome to provide comprehensive information when making your submission as this will assist our short-listing process. Please ensure that you provide us with an indication of your current total guaranteed remuneration package and any variable benefits.
All short-listed candidates will be required to undergo credit and criminal checks.
Aspects of SASA’s Recruitment Policy applicable to this Vacancy
SASA recognises the high levels of unemployment in our country as well as the need for employers in South Africa to contribute to transformation through active support of the equity provisions contained in both the Employment Equity Act and the Broad Based Black Economic Empowerment Act and Codes of Good Practice. Accordingly our first priority is the provision of employment opportunities to South African nationals. Further and in keeping with the requirements imposed by the Department of Home Affairs applications for employment by foreign nationals can only be considered in the event that a comprehensive recruitment process has failed to result in the identification and appointment of a suitable South African candidate.
The ideal candidate will have the following competencies:
- assist with the deployment, configuration and management of computing services and infrastructure
- maintain computing and network infrastructure
- manage and maintain workstation and server environment in support of development and production systems
- manage file servers and administer system security
- perform daily systems administration
- support and maintenance of Local Networks (LAN’s) and Wide Area Networks (WAN’s)
- administration of Local Networks (LAN’s) and Wide Area Networks (WAN’s)
- management of Local Networks (LAN’s) and Wide Area Networks (WAN’s)
- skills in Microsoft Active Directory (Design/Implement/Administer)
- skills in Storage Area Networks (Administer/Manage)
- skills in Cisco Networks (Administer routers, switches and firewalls)
- skills in Backup Exec (Manage/Administer)
- working knowledge and understanding Microsoft Office SharePoint Server/Windows SharePoint Services
- working knowledge and understanding of Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager
How to Apply