- Provide workplace experience to graduates allowing them practical exposure that will enrich their academic training, enhancing future employability.
- Provide additional skills development training that will stimulate personal and professional growth, provide life skills and boost work readiness (Basic Business, Technical and Life Skills Training) through formal mentorship.
- This programme specifically targets South African candidates who have completed a National Diploma, Bachelor’s Degree and / or Post-Graduate Degree in the following fields:
- Computer Programming
- Information Technology
- Crop Modelling
- Geographical Information Systems
- Should have an interest in working in an agricultural research environment
- Good verbal, written and communication skills
- A team player that can self-motivate and work independently
- Goal oriented and career focussed
Term of the Internship
- Start date is the 2nd of January 2013 * Participants will be offered a one year contract.
- Successful participants will receive an allowance of R3000.00 on a monthly basis.
- We offer onsite accommodation, meals, laundry service and free primary health care facilities.
- There will be opportunities for growth and development for students who stand out from the rest and contribute significantly during the year.
The ideal candidate will have the following competencies:
- communicate effectively
- work independently
- use computer software
- conduct experiments
- work to deadlines
- research designs
- research theory and practice
- the organisation of information (catalogues, indexes, etc)
- the utilisation of information (research, etc)
How to Apply
Short listing will commence on 12 November 2012. Due to the high volume of applications that we receive, we will not be able to reply to all applicants. Should you not get a response from us by 30 November 2012, please consider your application unsuccessful.