Closing Date: 21 November 2014
The SAWC is looking for a suitable candidate to fill a 6 month volunteer position in the Resource Centre starting from 12 January to 26 June 2015.
It is important that the incumbent has the necessary skills for this position i.e.:
- Grade 12 essential
- A Degree in Library and Information Science advantageous
- Experience working in a library or resource centre will be an advantage
- Excellent computer literacy
- Good organisational skills
The Resource Centre volunteer will be required to perform the following duties but not limited to:
- Issuing and returning of books
- Cataloguing books
- Maintaining a record of all resources
- Assisting with community projects e.g. bookmobile project
- Supporting students, training staff and visitors to access information in the library and computer lab.
- Assisting with the printing and binding of all training material
- Assisting with student graduations
- Administrative tasks
- Printing and binding of all course material
The Southern African Wildlife College is situated in a rural area bordering on the Kruger National Park. The nearest shops and facilities are between 40 and 60 kilometers from the College. A stipend of R1200.00 will be offered including meals and accommodation.
How to Apply
Interested parties should submit their CV with an application letter to – Daphne Gengayan via email to [email protected] or may be faxed to (015) 793 7314.
Comments are closed.