Closing Date: 31 August 2016
SEF Graduate Programme is a 12 month training and development programme aimed at recent graduates with a commitment to the elimination of poverty and a passion for changing the world. During the Programme successful candidates will have the opportunity to gain hands-on experience within the most famous South African Microfinance Organisation (MFI) and an internationally recognised organisation in the field of microfinance.
The aim of the programme is to enable young graduates to cover key roles and assume responsibility in the future of SEF. Personal and interpersonal skills will develop hand in hand with business skills. While learning different tasks and covering diverse responsibilities within the organisation, successful candidates will have the opportunity to relate with several positions within and outside the organisation. Also, the Graduate Programme will involve working both in the head office and in the rural areas where SEF operates. This experience will provide our graduates with a solid experience to ensure a flourishing career.
Structure of SEF Graduate Programme
Successful candidates will be in a 6 months rotational programme which will give them the opportunity to acquire hands-on experience in all the departments of the organisation. These include Operations, Administrations, Finance, Quality Assurance, Training, Human Resources, Research and Development, IT and Management Office.
During the second half of the Graduate Programme, the successful candidates will be assigned to one of the department, based on their personal interests and the organisation’s needs. This will assure relevant practical exposure to a specific department and allow the candidate to strengthen applicable and useful skills to cover future roles within
- A degree in social sciences, business administration, economics, finance, statistics or international
development would constitute an advantage,
- Strong academic record – an average of 65% throughout the course is essential,
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills,
- Good analytical skills,
- Ability to work in a team, as well as independently,
- Advanced computer literacy – Microsoft office package,
- The ability to prioritise and multi-task,
- Self-confident and self-motivated,
- Proven leadership skills and self-starter,
- Applicant must be a South African citizen with a valid ID document,
- Non South African citizens must have a valid work permit and Passport,
- Disable persons are welcome to apply.
How to Apply
To apply email your CV, Cover Letter and Academic Transcript to [email protected]
- No late or incomplete applications will be considered.
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by end of September.
- Interviews will be held during in October.
- Successful candidates will be notified by end of November