Main Purpose of the Job: To provide first line IT support to OptiNet clients in accordance with OptiNet’s IT policies and procedures.
To log incidents with accuracy and quality information for:
- quality service delivery,
- meaningful stats and reports can be drawn and
- 2nd line support team & the 3 rd party co-ordinator have sufficient data to diagnose and resolve the incident
- To log Service Requests (IMAC’s) & escalate to 2 nd line support
- To diagnose incidents accurately to quickly establish whether the agent can offer First Line Resolution or whether it needs to be escalated to the relevant 2 nd /3 rd level support.
- To maintain a sense of ownership of incidents from logging to resolution, escalating where required.
- To ensure incidents are resolved and executed in accordance withSLA
- Provide excellent Customer Service which entails active listening and good communication skills.
- To display a high sense of customer centricity and be team driven
- To communicate effectively both in Afrikaans and English, both verbal and written
- To have the ability to work to varied operating hours and perform standby duties
- Computer literacy
- Technical trouble shooting & diagnosis experience
- Communication and listening skills
- Follow instructions and work according to deadlines
- Be proactive and take initiative
- Communicate effectively (oral and written)
- Demonstrate a good understanding of own area of specialization
- Work both independently and cooperatively with others
- Be analytical and problem solve
- Give attention to detail
MCSE/A+, MCDST or relevant IT diploma
Closing Date: 10 February 2012