Closing Date: 07 September 2017
Location: Beatrix, Driefontein, Kloof Operations
Beneficiaries of the Internship programme will receive a 2 year fixed-term employment contract to obtain post-graduate experience. Sibanye is a major holder of both gold and platinum reserves and is the leading producer of gold in South Africa. The company is primarily involved in underground and surface mining and related activities, including extraction and processing. Sibanye owns Beatrix, Burnstone, Cooke, Driefontein and Kloof gold mines, while Sibanye Platinum includes the Kroondal mine in Rustenburg and is a listed company on both the JSE and NYSE. The company is committed to implementing the Social and Labour plans currently in place and to building and empowering people and communities.
A limited number of internships are being offered to local communities and labour sending areas for a full time Internship programme in line with Sibanye’s business needs, to individuals who have obtained:
- BSc / BEng / BTech Mining Engineering
- BSc / BEng / BTech Metallurgy
- BSc / BEng / BTech Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- BSc / BEng / BTech Geology
- BSc / BEng / BTech Finance
- BSc / BEng / BTech Environmental Engineering
- BSc / BEng / BTech Rock Engineering
Following documents should form part of your application:
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae
- Application Form
- Certified Copies of ID and relevant qualifications
- Complete Academic Record, with relevant subjects for discipline for which they are applying
Entry Level Conditions:
- By submitting your CV, applicants are consenting to the Company’s assessment and interview process.
- Application Forms can be obtained from the Sibanye Academy as well as from the Intranet.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered for selection.
Be declared medically fit for the position and environment, as determined by a risk-based medical examination at the relevant Sibanye Gold Occupational Health Care Centre.
Preference will be given to:
Applicants from the local communities and labour sending areas who meet the institution’s registration requirements.
How to Apply
Interested parties should complete and submit the standard job application form to:
E-mail: [email protected]
Fax: 086 639 8439