SAB Ltd is the South African beverage arm of SABMiller plc, with our corporate headquarters based in Sandton, Gauteng. They have 7 production operations across South Africa and distribute 15 beer and fruit flavoured alcoholic beverage brands to liquor retailers via a national network of 42 depots, 10 independent beer distributors and 2 BEE empowerment franchise distributors.
SAB’s soft drinks division is Amalgamated Beverage Industries (ABI), the largest producer and distributor of Coca-Cola brands in Southern Africa. With five state-of-the-art manufacturing plants in South Africa, ABI accounts for approximately 60% of Coca-Cola’s sales in South Africa.
They employ 8500 South Africans across our Beer and Soft Drink Divisions. Our Beer Division delivers to 23 000 customers nationwide, while our Soft Drink Division services over 40 000 direct and 1500 indirect active outlets.
You are a trendsetter with a passion for excellence and quality. Your other ingredients include a BSc degree in Food Science, Biochemistry, Microbiology or Chemical Engineering combined with an unquenchable desire to learn, grow and exceed your own life expectations.
Join our powerful world of opportunity and purpose!
The ideal candidate will have the following competencies:
- An understanding of chemistry, biochemistry, physics and mathematics related to the brewing industry
- Practical brewing experience (home-brewing)
- Laboratory policy and practice
- Provide engaging leadership to diverse teams
- Thrive in a fast paced, pressurized and competitive environment
- The ability to apply theoretical scientific principles for complex problem-solvingin practice
- The ability to make good decisions quickly
- Work methodically
- Solve problems in an innovative way
- Analyse samples
- Identify new trends
- A passion for people
- High energy levels
- Work in a team
- A can-do attitude
- Passion for Brewing
- The advert has minimum requirements listed. Management reserves the right to use additional / relevant information as criteria for short-listing.
- SAB Ltd is an equal opportunities employer. Suitable candidates will be given preference in line with SAB Ltd employment equity plan.
Applications for the 2012 graduate in-take are open and will close on 31 August 2011.
Only attach a Word format CV to your application.
DO NOT attach academic transcripts or any documents at this point in time.