Closing Date: 26 July 2013
Location: Gauteng ONLY
The Java Learnership programme is targeted specifically at creating a pipeline for Java Developers. It is a 12 month programme broken down into 6 months of theoretical training (college-based) followed by another 6 months of practical training (workplace-based).
Candidates are given an opportunity to work towards a formal qualification in Java Development as well as apply the necessary practical aspects of their learnings. This means that at the end of the 12 month programme, learners will receive a National Certificate in Information Technology Systems Development (NQF 5).
Programme participants will receive an allowance instead of a salary. Learners receive an allowance of R4 500 per month for the first 6 months of the learnership (the academic component) and R5 000 per month for the remaining 6 months of the programme (the practical component).
- Be between the ages of 18-30
- Be able to speak, read and write English
- Have completed Matric and passed Mathematics or Computer Science on HG (with minimum pass of 60%) or have completed a Post Matric 3 Year IT Qualification
- Be computer literate
- Not be permanently employed
- Not be studying at any other institution
- Not be registered on any other learnership
The Recruitment Process:
- Candidates will be required to complete relevant assessments
The following checks will be conducted:
- Register for Employees Dismissed (RED) checks
- Credit and criminal record checks
- Reference checks with previous employers
- Verification of educational qualifications; and
- Proof of South African citizenship/South African residency/work permit.
Please note that if contact is not made with the applicant by end-August 2013, consider the application as unsuccessful.
How to Apply