Closing Date: 16 August 2013 (17h00)
Standard & Poor’s is offering a paid internship opportunity, for up to six months, to recent graduates or currently enrolled post-graduate students, to be based in its South African office in Melrose Arch, Johannesburg from September 2013.
Real Work Experience: From day one, you will be fully immersed in a business area that will rely on you as a productive member of the team. You will receive challenging assignments, with an analyst overseeing your work. You will receive ongoing feedback as well as a formal evaluation at the end of your internship.
Personal and Professional Development: We want you to learn and grow during your time at Standard & Poor’s. This means being exposed to all areas of our business, industry, culture, and the company as a whole. We also want to ensure you use this time to hone your individual skill set, particularly in the areas of problem-solving, communication and technical skills. We¡¦ll provide learning opportunities during the internship, in addition to the ones that will present themselves daily through your supervisors.
Opportunity to Build Relationships: When you join Standard & Poor¡¦s for the internship, you become one of us. We will make sure you have the opportunity to build a network from day one, when you meet your manager and colleagues. You¡¦ll be exposed to senior leaders at the company through your day-to-day work as well as market participants.
Requirements to participate in the Johannesburg Intern Program
- Fully matriculated student who is currently enrolled in a post-graduate programme or has recently completed an undergraduate, or post-graduate qualification in commerce, business, finance, accounting or economics at an accredited college/university with good grades.
- Fundamental interest in and understanding of global financial markets; specifically debt capital markets.
- Strong quantitative analytical research and writing skills and competent on Excel and Powerpoint.
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written, presentation)
- Strong computer skills and an excellent level of understanding of the internet
- Eligible candidates must be citizens of the Republic of South Africa and be based in Johannesburg.
- Candidates are responsible for their own transport.
How to Apply
- Email a copy of your CV (max. 2 pages) and cover letter to: [email protected]
- Your credentials will be reviewed
- If shortlisted, candidates will be notified via email*. First round interviews will take place either at Standard & Poor’s offices in Melrose Arch, Johannesburg or over the phone
- If successful in the first round of interviews, final round interviews will be face-to-face in our offices
- Much of our communication happens via email, so make sure you give us a current email address in your application
*Please note: Due to an expected high volume of applications, we will only be contacting successful candidates for the first round of interviews. If you have not heard from us by 6 September 2013, please consider your application as unsuccessful. Thank you, in advance, for taking interest in Standard & Poor’s.
Comments are closed.