Closing Date: 19 May 2015
The Thandulwazi Intern-Teacher Training Programme, in partnership with St Stithians College, is offering prospective teachers the opportunity to study towards a part-time 4-year Bachelor of Education (BEd) or 2-year postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE), through UNISA, while gaining workplace experience at St Stithians College.
These positions will be appointed from January 2016.
Preference will be given to aspiring teachers who are:
- Passionate about exploring a career in teaching Mathematics, Physical or Life Science, English or Early Childhood Development/Foundation Phase.
- Students already registered in one of the above courses with UNISA.
- Grade 12 learners eager to explore a career in teaching who display strong academic results especially in Maths and/or Science.
- South African citizens residing in Johannesburg.
- From previously disadvantaged groups and/or students in need of financial assistance.
(Students who wish to gain on-the-job experience, but don’t need financial assistance may also apply).
Benefits you will receive:
- Mentoring by an experienced educator.
- Valuable professional training and workplace experience within an IEB school environment.
In addition, you may qualify for one or more of the following benefits, depending on your financial needs analysis:
- Payment of tuition fees at UNISA and a textbook allowance.
- Daily meal allowance during term time.
- Workshop conference allowance.
- A monthly stipend.
How to Apply
Applications are invited from South African citizens. An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview or appointment and failure to meet the minimum requirements of the advertised post will result in applicants automatically disqualifying themselves from consideration. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. If you have not heard from Thandulwazi within 2 weeks of the closing date, please assume that you have been unsuccessful in your application
Comments are closed.