The Travel Bursary is announced to broaden the views of young South Africans by enabling outstanding South African students who show exceptional leadership qualities and a strong service ethic
- To effect greater understanding and co-operation among those with various language and cultural Background.
- To foster enterprise, commitment and effective participation in a common future
- To promote South African unity.
The applications are invite from students and/or members of Junior Lecture status for the Abe Bailey Travel Bursary for the period 23 November 2011 to 17 December 2011.
- Applicants must be South African
- Applicants shall be students of not less than 2 year’s standing or members of the staff of Junior Lecturer status
- Applicants must be aged 25 or less at the start of the tour.This age restriction can be departed from, at the discretion of the trustees in the case of outstanding applicants.
- Married persons may apply, only on the understanding that if granted a travel bursary, such bursar shall not be accompanied by his or her spouse.
- It is desirable that bursars have sufficient facility in using the English language so as to adapt to the other members of the tour party and to cope with those whom they will meet in the course of the educational tour in Britain.
Scholarship Application Deadline: 20 May 2011
Read more: 2011 The Abe Bailey Travel Bursary for South African Students, South Africa : College Scholarships, PhD Scholarships, Postdoctoral, Graduate International Scholarships Fellowships
Application Form Here.