Location: Cape Town
Closing Date: 31 August 2012
The Department: Water Affairs invites the following candidates to apply for the above mentioned program:
- Qualified candidates (must be in possession of a National Diploma from a College or University of Technology or a Degree from an University) to undertake workplace exposure in order to enhance marketability for potential employment; and / or
- Candidates that have successfully completed all theoretical studies and are in need of the experiential training portion of their studies in order to obtain a qualification.
The following fields of study apply:
|Field of Exposure||Educational Requirements|
|Administration x9||National Diploma / Degree in: Administration, Office Management, Public Administration / Management/Records Management|
|Human Resource Management x3||National Diploma / Degree in Management of Training /Human Resource Development / Human Resource Management, Public Management or Public Administration|
|Financial Management x4||National Diploma / Degree in Financial Management/Accounting|
|Supply Chain Management x4||BCom Degree or National Diploma in Logistics/Acquisition/Asset Management, Procurement or Public Administration|
|Information Technology x3||National Diplomas or Degree in Information Technology|
|Communication Services x2||National Diplomas or Degree in Journalism, Public Relations/Communication|
Successful candidates will receive a monthly stipend as informed by the relevant departmental policy.
To be eligible for an internship from the Department of Water Affairs for the above-mentioned study directions, applicants must satisfy the following conditions:
- Successfully completed theoretical studies
- No relevant workplace experience
Interested candidates should apply in writing on form Z83 (obtainable at any government office), and must include certified copies of the following documents. Failure to comply will automatically disqualify candidates:
- A certified copy of South African identity document;
- A recent CV
- A certified copy of the completed qualification and or results, if applicable;
Only applications for internships in the above-mentioned fields of study will be considered. Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates ONLY. If you do not hear from the Department within two months after the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE FORWARDED TO: The Regional Head: Western Cape, Department of Water Affairs, Private Bag X 16, SANLAMHOF, 7532 or Hand delivers to Sigma House Building, 3 Blanckenberg Road, Bellville.
For Attention & Enquiries: Mr B Saki Tel (021) 941 6018
Water is life. Enjoy it – Respect it – Conserve it.