Closing Date: 20 July 2012
The South African National Space Agency (SANSA) has the following contract vacancy to be filled by enthusiastic, hardworking individual with the relevant skills, competencies and qualifications.
Reporting to the Technology Manager, the incumbent will be given the opportunity to learn the basics of a Software Engineer position. The incumbent will:
- Develop new software, maintain existing software and fix bugs
- Integrate 3rd party software into SANSA’s systems
- Document all work done within the software development process
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Electronic Engineering
- C/C++ or Java (open source/UNIX) experience required (can be experience gained at university level)
- Knowledge of Object Orientated design
- Good report writing and documentation skills (including MS Office skills)
How to Apply
Should you meet the above requirements, please e-mail your detailed CV (indicating clearly the position you are interested in), a certified copy of your ID, qualification certificates, the names, telephone numbers and e mail addresses of at least three contactable referees and a covering letter summarising the reasons for applying to [email protected]
Background verification, including criminal record, credit checks, security clearances, qualification and citizenship checks, as well as competency assessment and psychometric testing, will form part of the selection process.
SANSA subscribes to the principles of Employment Equity, including welcoming applications from all persons with disabilities. Preference will be given to candidates in accordance with this.