Closing Date: 30 April 2014
Requirements for application of the Thuthuka bursary
- The learner must be African or Coloured
- The learner must be a South African Citizen
- The learner must obtain at least 60% on Mathematics (5 or above on the NSC Scale of Achievement) NOT MATHS LITERACY
- The learner must be in Grade 12 intending on studying B comm. Accounting
- The learner must be financially needy and will be assessed using the NSFAS MEANS TEST to confirm financial need
The Process of Awarding a Bursary
- The application must have met the above criteria
- The learner must have applied or be in the process of applying to one of the following tertiary institutions:
- University of Johannesburg
- University of Cape Town (Bachelor of Commerce code CB011)
- Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University
- Stellenbosch University
- University of Pretoria
- University of Orange Free State
- University of Witwatersrand (WITS)
- Once the learner has met the above criteria they will be called in for testing
- Depending on the test results then the learner may be called in for an interview.
Once the learner has met all the above requirements and gone through the relevant test and interview only then will the bursary be provisionally awarded to the learner pending the final Grade 12 results.
How to Apply
Thuthuka Bursary Fund
P.O. Box 59875
Comments are closed.