Closing Date: 28 November 2014
The Trainee Miller will be placed on a Milling Traineeship. During this time the trainee will be required to achieve the learning milestones which lead to Wheat and Maize milling qualifications in the allocated timings.
Appointment as a Miller will be made on demonstration of competence on the required functions, competencies and responsibilities shown below
To ensure the achievement of production efficiencies and targets, leadership of personnel, adherence to quality requirements and GMP, Safety and hygiene standards as well as maintenance coordination. Responsible for the shift operation of the mill. .
- Assist Shift handovers
- Assist Achievement of Production efficiencies and targets
- Assist with mill maintenance
- Assist with Monitoring Quality as well as Good Manufacturing Practices
- Maintain good Safety standards
- Maintain ISO 22000, ISO 14000 and 20 KEYS requirements
- Leadership abilities
- Problem solving skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills (English)
- Team player
- Ability to handle pressure
- Ability to communicate in English (verbal and written)
- Prepared to work shifts
- Prepared to work weekends and public holidays when necessary
- PC Literate (ICDL preferred i.e. Excel & Word)
- Recently acquired Grade 12 or equivalent with the following compulsory subjects:
- Higher Grade Mathematics
- Higher Grade Physics OR Chemistry
How to Apply
Comments are closed.