Location: Cape Town
Closing Date: 08 May 2014
THIS GRADUATE IN TRAINING PROGRAMME IS FOR” 24 MONTHS ONLY”. To gain practical on-the-job training and theoretical experience in the Compliance and Regulatory environment of Transnet National Ports Authority.
Learn and understand Transnet National Ports Authority process including performing the following under supervision:
- Provide professional and credible legal advice and effective legal support on litigation, administrative law and legal risk issues in decisions relating to TNPA in the delivery of work.
- Assist and prepare regulatory and litigation reports, audit schedules, fee schedules minutes, memoranda, presentations and other and ensure that all files and all documents are recorded and stored safely.
- Assist the Legal Managers in all administrative tasks so that he/she is able to perform other strategic functions.
- Drafting an reviewing contracts under supervision.
- Gives effect to the Transnet Legal Policy and implements proactively the litigation and administrative law strategy for TNPA
- Identifies and mitigates legal risks and exposures, prepare, analyze, comment and interpret legal documents and the management of all litigation and administrative law matters including identifying TNPA litigation risks and motivates legal remedies, options or projects to address these.
- Assists in dealing with regulators and outsourced service providers
- Advises on appropriate legal interventions, on areas of critical concern that require EXCO, RISKCO management intervention, such as appropriate Legal interventions for example identifies, evaluates and advises on all potential and actual legal risks (produces an accurate and comprehensive monthly OPCO, RISKCO, RISKMANCO, EXCO report)
- Prepare any material required by HQ legal/regional legal advisors in a specific region.
- Gain understanding of Transnet’s ERM, Compliance, DOA and SHE frameworks.
• Business acumen, cognitive capacity • Results driven and dynamic • Research legislation on electronic databases • Presentable, professional and confident • Able to meet deadlines and work under pressure • Team player • High ethical standards
• Matric • LLB or B.Com LLB degree is required or completing same • Code 8 driver’s license.
How to Apply
Send E-mail: [email protected]
Comments are closed.